Type of Students in ODL Class

 I don't know how to start a blog. But I want to share my experience for 1 year and half becoming long distance learning (ODL) lecturer. I always seen these pattern in a class. 

  1. 1-2 Overachiever in a class. 
    • There will be at least 1 or 2 students that overachiever. 1 is the real overachiever and another 1 just pretending to be overachiever. As for me I just pretend nobody is overachiever. But when the class start, you will see obviously can differentiate the one that are really studying and paying attention in class with the one are not. 
  2. Silent Achiever
    • Remind yourself that there is other students that silent achiever. I was this silent achiever back in university life. These students rarely speaks but they are doing very well. So always compliment your students even when they don't talk too much.
  3. Play Victims all the time.
    • There are also students who always play victims and pretending they always right. But bare in mind they are not. They never come to class and claiming they came. They always may pretend they submit all the answer for all the assignment but they actually not. So beware of these heir of Slytherin. 
    • Some keep blaming the situation they are in for example "I need to work because my father loss source of income". To be honest I do feel sorry for those who have loss a lot during this pandemic but.. you choose your priority. Yes we can be sad for a week or even a month but we can't neglect our responsibility as a students. So always remind them that.
  4. Open GM but never there. 
    • This students are super sleepy students. They unable to manage their time and end up sleep during class. It's kind a disrespectful actually. I hate this type of students. 
  5. Always working and expect to get A
    • This type of students are many. I really don't get it why these generations Z love to work. I'm generation Y like having a second thought everyday about work. I prefer to study rather than to work to handle human being. I understand, in life we need money to continuing living. But without knowledge how much money you can actually make. How hard you have to work to get the some of money you get by not furthering your study? If everyone decide to just work without having the right qualification. Then who's going to contribute back to the society and country. If everyone want to be Alif Syukri or Sajat. Then who want to run the country. Is not that I said being famous and rich is bad. No. That is all rezqi from Allah. If we have knowledge we can avoid from being victims the least. Don't you think?
  6. Always whatsapp and say hi and expect lecturer to reply hi.
    • Hey hello, the lecturer also have other things in life they need to do rather than replying to your hi instead. and by the way you not that important people that we need to reply hi. So get to the point what you want to say, I will give you answer right away. Some I have to wait for a day waiting what she/ he want to ask. Its kind a bitch actually. 
  7. Missing in action students.
    • We get this a lots. Student have no manner. At least they can do just texting their programme leader and tell them they want to quit. is it easy right. no... they just missing in action and make my graph and my performance bad. because of this people we need to answer to our superior why the failure percentage is high. while the student are the one who fail in life. am I right?
There you go 7 types of students I can think of during this ODL. I really wish students understand that they are not the only one who suffer from this pandemic. The lecturer and teachers around the globe have being underpaid and underappreciated. We all here need to help each other out and not condemning each other. They were days I was like "Hell with this kid". At the point of time teaching are no longer my passion. But becoming accountant also is not my dream. I become numb and just do whatever. 

Let's just help each other out. Shall we?

Comments

Popular Posts